Mech has a wide-format printer, and is able to support printing of academic posters on a charge-back basis.
- Posters must be for Mech faculty / researchers, for academic purposes.
- Paper width is 42”.
- Charged at $3.50 per square foot; charges must be against a speedchart (no cash/credit/etc.).
- We are unable to print large blocks of colour used for decorative purposes (eg, dark background). Images essential to the poster content are okay.
- Submit a .pdf for accurate replication.
- Powerpoint slides often render differently on different computers (fonts, shape locations, etc.). If you submit a .pptx file, we are not responsible for incorrect rendering, and you will be charged for printed files, even if they do not appear as you had hoped.
- You must allow a minimum of 2 full working days for processing.
How to submit a print job:
- Create a ticket at the Faculty of Applied Science – IT Help Form and include the following:
- Faculty member name
- Student name, if applicable
- Contact phone number regarding the job
- Contact email regarding the job
- Poster file (.pdf strongly preferred for accurate replication)
- Confirmation of poster size (should match poster file)
- Date required (you must allow at least two full working days)
Alternative Printing Options
Other popular printing options include: