You need a Mech account to:
- Log in to the Mech network;
- Access Mech servers (including the download server) and storage space;
- Use the Mech Computer Labs or NAME labs.
You do not need a Mech account to use FASmail or other UBC-wide services.
Logging In & Registering Your Account
Before using a Computer Lab for the first time:
- Connect to UBC via VPN (or use an on-campus computer)
- Browse to https://account.mech.ubc.ca;
- Select “Login” and authenticate with your CWL;
- Click the “Register” button;
- If you do not see a “Register” button, your account is not pre-registered. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set your PACE/NAME lab password:
- Scroll to the “Windows” area of the account information page and click “Set Password;”
- Create a password;
- Click submit;
- Click “Update” and then “Logout.”
- Note that you must click “Update” for the change to save
The following groups are eligible for Mech accounts:
|Mech Grad Students||Automatic|
|NAME Grad Students||Automatic|
|Students registered in courses that use a Mech Teaching Computer lab||Automatic|
|Instructors or TAs not captured above||Upon Request|
Provisioning and Registration
Most users will have accounts provisioned automatically. If you were not automatically provisioned and would like to request an account, complete the form below. After your account is provisioned, you need to agree to the terms of service and register your account.
Please note that your computer must be in the UBC network to access the registration page (i.e., on campus or connected via VPN).