You need a Mech account to:
- Log in to the Mech network;
- Access Mech servers (including the download server) and storage space;
- Use the PACE or NAME labs.
You do not need a Mech account to use FASmail or other UBC-wide services.
Logging In & Registering Your Account
Before using the PACE lab, NAME lab, or the RH123 Undergraduate Computer Lab for the first time:
- Browse to https://account.mech.ubc.ca;
- Select “Login” and authenticate with your CWL;
- Click the “Register” button;
- If you do not see a “Register” button, your account is not pre-registered. Contact email@example.com.
- Set your PACE/NAME lab password:
- Scroll to the “Windows” area of the account information page and click “Set Password;”
- Create a password;
- Click submit;
- Click “Update” and then “Logout.”
- Note that you must click “Update” for the change to save
The following groups are eligible for Mech accounts:
|Group||Provisioned?||PACE lab access?||NAME lab access?|
|Mech Grad Students||Automatic||No||No|
|NAME Grad Students||Automatic||No||Yes|
|Students registered in courses that use the PACE lab||Automatic||Yes||No|
|Faculty||Manually Upon Hiring||No||No|
|Staff||Manually Upon Request||No||No|
|Visitors||Manually Upon Request||No||No|
|Instructors or TAs for courses that use the PACE lab||Manually Upon Request||Yes||No|
Provisioning and Registration
Most users will have accounts provisioned automatically. If you were not automatically provisioned and would like to request an account, complete the form below. After your account is provisioned, you need to agree to the terms of service and register your account.
Please note that your computer must be in the UBC network to access the registration page (i.e., on campus or connected via VPN).